Below is a list of useful organisations who can provide help and advice free of charge
The new NHS GP Health Service has been procured by NHS England to improve access to mental health support for GPs and trainee GPs. The GP Health Service can help doctors with issues relating to a mental health concern, including stress or depression, or an addiction problem, in particular where these might affect work. Further information about how to access this support is available on the GP Health website
Heales Medical have been commissioned to provide occupational health support to healthcare professionals working across the region. The support team can be contacted if you have any queries that are not covered by the information provided on their website:
Tel: 08448421755 Ext 4000 Email: email@example.com
- Career advice
- Counselling services
- Contract problems
- Employment discputes
- Issues of wellbeing
- Support for doctors with mental health problems and help to reduce the stigma of mental illness, with regular social meetings for a chance to meet those who understand how difficult it can be being a patient and a doctor.
- Support forum
- Telephone support line staffed by trained doctors.
- Help for those in crisis, charity by doctors, for doctors.
- Financial support and/or help with retraining or returning to work after time of due to sickness.
- Support4Doctors website with lots of helpful advise and a telephone befriending service for those who are isolated.
- Advice and support organisation for doctors with disability and chronic illness.
- An independent confidential organisation for doctors suffering addiction to drugs and alcohol.
- 24 hour helpline
- Support for doctors and dentists recovering from drug addiction and alcohol
- Information for refugee healthcare professionals to help them settle in the UK.
- Support and advice for doctors from the Indian Sub-Continent.
- Education, training and discussion forums.
- Provides a way to meet other healthcare professional with hearing loss and provides information on their website
- Regular educational events a time to socialise.